Wednesday, October 25, 2017

November 1 deadline for Math Haiku

     The Journal of Humanistic Mathematics has issued a call for Mathematical Haiku -- follow this link for the guidelines and instructions on how to submit your work.  Since I did not, at first, understand that the submission request is for only three Haiku, I gathered more.  Here are several of my leftovers -- involving multi-syllabic mathematical terms --  that I was not able to include in my submission:

Algebra
axiomatic
associativity
isomorphism

Calculus
differentiate
enthusiastically
conditionally

Geometry
non-Euclidean
axiomatization
parallelism

2 comments:

  1. https://www.causeweb.org/cause/resources/fun/poems/chi-ku

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have discovered that the link above leads to a Statistical Haiku by Larry Lesser . .. thanks for adding this to our list. I have copied and pasted it below:

    Chi-ku by Larry Lesser

    Categorical
    variable tests need a
    contingency plan.

    ReplyDelete